Monday, January 21, 2013

My Heart

Last night I attended an online class through the Influence Network about creative ways to fund an adoption. My husband and I sat attentively listening to Lauren share her family's story of adoption. Their story was so inspiring and encouraging, I urge you to hop on over to her site and read it for yourselves.

We learned a lot about what we need to do to get started on this journey and our eyes were opened to the enormity of the task God has placed before us. We have yet to figure out what the cost will be for us, mostly because we are unsure of the type of adoption we will be pursuing at this time [[domestic or international.]] We do know that we will be doing some fundraising.

Fundraising is such a scary word. Lauren shared with us her definition of fundraising, which I found to be wise and inspired.
        
                      "Fundraising is not simply asking others to give you money for something you want to do. Fundraising is an invitation to be a part of a greater work that God is doing in your life and the lives of others. It's allowing others the blessing of being a part of a redemption story."

This is such an accurate depiction of what I want from our community. I want people who have a heart for orphans but who may not feel called to adopt, to be able to participate in our story.


Proverbs 31:8 is the verse that inspired the name of my handmade shop, Fāyán Knits. Fāyán means "speak" in Mandarin. I began my shop in April of 2012 to begin the process of raising the necessary funds for an adoption. I decided that I wanted to do all that I could to bring home our child who is yet unknown to us. If you would like to help us in our journey to become adoptive parents, I ask that you check out my shop. 100% of the profits go straight into our savings fund and each dollar brings us a step closer to our goal. [[p.s. Everything is 15% off with code FAYAN15 at checkout!! But only through the end of the month!]]

In the future, we will be looking into more ways to raise money, but for now, we would really appreciate it if you could partner with us in prayer.

Things you can be praying with us for:
{1} Our decision on international vs. domestic adoption.
{2} That we find an agency that will work well with our family and specific needs.
{3} That we be patient and open to how God will be working in our lives.

If you are currently in the throes of adoption fundraising, have been through it all before, or if you are interested in adopting in the future, I would love to connect with you! Please leave a comment below or  email me at fayanknits {at} gmail {dot} com.

Much love,


No comments:

Post a Comment