Thursday, January 26, 2012

Since I'm Back to Being a Housewife...

So, you know how some people are emotional eaters? Well, I am an emotional baker. [[Which is good for me because I don't suffer from extra pounds as I would if I actually ate the stuff...it's also good for my dear husband because this usually means that he gets extra treats!]] Today was an especially great day and I was just overflowing with joy, so what can a girl do but bake?

I decided to take a recipe out of my More-With-Less cookbook. It turned out so stinking delicious that I just had to share it with all of you. So here it is:



Dutch Apple Bread:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Cream together:
      1/2 c margarine
      1 c sugar
3) Add and beat well:
      2 eggs
      1 tsp vanilla
4) Combine Separately:
      2 c flour
      1 tsp baking soda
      1/2 tsp salt
5) Add dry ingredients alternately with:
      1/3 c sour milk or orange juice [[because sour milk sounded disgusting, I opted for the OJ.]]
6) Fold in:
      1 c chopped apples
      1/3 c chopped walnuts
[[I also added in a little sprinkle of cinnamon because it's my husband's favorite spice.]]
7) Bake in greased 9"x5" loaf pan for 55 minutes, or until loaf tests done.


If you try this recipe, I would LOVE to know how it works out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment