Friday, November 18, 2011

So it's almost Thanksgiving...

This year has flown by. I can hardly believe that next Thursday is already Thanksgiving! One of the girls that I nanny for had an assignment for school to make a list of things that she is thankful for. Whoever had the most things got a prize. [[This was a little silly, I thought, but it really made me stop and think...what am I thankful for?]]

I started making a list in my head of all the things that I make my life easier, more fun, things like that. I ended up with a pretty huge list of things [[I probably would have won the prize...]] but I think it's probably not appropriate to share a "Top 10,000 Things I'm Thankful For" list...I mean...who wants to read that? [[And why would I want to type that?]]

So...here it is...My Top 5 Things I'm Thankful For in 2011:

1. A wonderful, supportive family.  Who else would pretend that I'm a good cook? =]
2. An amazing church family. The Jake is an awesome example of what a church community should look like and I am humbled that they have accepted my husband and I into their lives.
3. A place to call home. By that, I don't just mean that we have shelter. Yes, we do live in an apartment, and I am thankful to have a roof over my head and electricity so I can have heat during the cold days ahead, but I'm talking about having a town that we fit into. Looking back at the few places my husband and I have lived together, we are now in a town that is more "our style," [[Whatever that means...]] and I am thankful for it.
4. I am thankful for my husband. He works hard every day to make my life easier and to make me happy. He treats me well and he respects me. I truly couldn't ask for a better partner in life. I am so blessed.
5. And finally, my friends. This year has brought about new friends and has brought me closer with old ones too. It is awesome to just have someone to share life with.

If you haven't already thought about it, I challenge you to think about what you're thankful for. Think about it throughout the day, whenever you have a spare minute to think. Write it down so you're reminded of these things whenever you see it. And if there are people on your list, tell them how thankful you are that they're in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment