Thursday, February 2, 2012

Because It's So Disgusting...

I hate cleaning the toilet.  I always try to put off cleaning it for as long as I can, but eventually it just needs to be sanitized.  [[You know it's time to clean it when your husband says something about it...]]  One of the reasons I don't like cleaning the toilet [[besides the obvious]] is because I absolutely HATE the toilet bowl cleaners.  I've had some pretty nasty run-ins with said cleaners.  Not only do the warnings on the label make me nervous [["do not allow contact with your skin or it will burn your skin off..."]] but anything that can burn through the bottom of my bathroom vanity [[that's happened to me twice now]] has no business going near my business!

So what is a girl to do?  Well, after some research, I came across a wonderfully helpful website.  Eartheasy.com has many helpful tips, but the page that I found most helpful was the  "Non-toxic Home Cleaning" page.  It had tips for almost anything you could ever need to clean.  I found the section for toilet bowl cleaner and followed the instructions [[which were surprisingly simple (1/4 c Baking Soda, 1 c Vinegar, let sit, scrub with brush and rinse.)]] Before I knew it, I had a clean and shiny toilet bowl and no toxic smells to knock me out. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment