Wednesday, July 18, 2012

PRR: Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies

After my last PRR [[Pinterest Recipe Review]] on Gooey Butter Cake, I decided I was going to take a break from Pinterest desserts...that is...until I came across this one.

RED VELVET CHEESECAKE BROWNIES!!

These are all words that I enjoy on their own...but when they are all smashed together into one delicious sounding phrase, I just had to give them a try!

Brownie batter.

Cheesecake swirl.

After it comes out of the oven.

Ready to eat.
So...what did I think of this treat after going through the entire process?

Pros:
- Recipe was easy to understand/follow.
- Tasted okay warm.
- Tasted even better when chilled in the refrigerator over night!

Cons:
- The amount of red dye in it. Next time I may try a natural substitute. [[For example, I've heard you can use beets?]]
- The recipe doesn't make a whole lot of bars...it's only enough to fill an 8" pan! [[And trust me...you're going to want more than that!!]]

The husband loved this recipe. Thus, I will be making them again. They were easy to make and super delicious.

If you try out this recipe, please leave a comment or send me an email. I would love to hear your thoughts on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment