Friday, June 29, 2012

Snapshots

A neat old gadget I found at a thrift store in town.
Best spent 3 hours of the summer so far!


Look at this kitchen...couldn't you just die?
Actual moon rocks from the actual moon! And I was literally inches away!


Chinese soapstone carvings.


 I think they were overwhelmed with the size of the crowd...
 

This week has been a very busy but very good week! Josh and I visited Funk's Grove for a mansion tour. It is fantastic so I highly recommend you make your way out there for a tour. All I'm going to tell you about it is that the family seems like such an encouraging Christian family. They didn't actually come out and say that they were Christians, but the way they lived their lives would suggest they are. I left there feeling refreshed and just...encouraged. It was beautiful.

 A team of us from church have been arduously preparing for the coming of our Basque Students! They arrived in Peoria last night and there will be a welcome dinner for them tonight. Along with another woman, I have been preparing decorations for said dinner. It has been a lot of hard work but ultimately worth it.

Have an outstanding weekend, y'all!

p.s. I'm linking up with Kacia again today. Make sure you go check out her blog too!

No comments:

Post a Comment