Friday, June 22, 2012

The Joys of Summer





 What I like about this summer [[so far...]] :

{1} Peaches! I've always liked peaches, but this year, I'm really enjoying buying them locally and eating them often...perhaps too often...

{2} I have really enjoyed making different kinds of iced drinks this summer. I've been experimenting with different ways to do iced coffee and I have even tried making Sun Tea!

{3} Trips to the zoo. You're never too old to enjoy the zoo! [[even if we do look a little odd going without any kids, we still have a ton of fun!]]

{4} My garden is actually producing crops! We've gotten to enjoy some lettuce and spinach thus far, but the tomatoes are looking good and ripening quickly! They should be available to eat soon!

{5} Every day that passes we are closer to becoming licensed foster parents. This prospect really excites us and I am LOVING that we have a nursery in our home!

{6} Since the weather is nice and people don't mind driving, we've gotten to spend a lot of extra time with friends and family

{7} I opened my Etsy Shop so I've been doing a lot of knitting and crocheting [[which I have a lot of fun doing]].

{8} Again, because of the nice weather, Josh and I have been able to go on a TON of bike rides. I really enjoy the time we get during those to chat and connect.

{9} Summer = ice cream. It's just a fact.

{10} Summer is Blockbuster Time so all of the great high action films are coming out in theaters! [[If you haven't seen The Avengers yet, get off of your computer, or whatever you're reading this on, and get that booty over to the theater to see it! You heard me...GO!]]

HAPPY FRIDAY Y'ALL!



No comments:

Post a Comment