Wednesday, June 20, 2012

PRR: Nutella Cookies.

As I have mentioned before, I am a huge fan of being in the kitchen. I love preparing food for loved ones and even strangers because it makes me feel closer to them. I know it's not it's own official Love Language, but I think it totally should be.

Because of this love of cooking, [[and because of seemingly everyone's love of Pinterest]] I have decided to begin a weekly review of Pinterest recipes. [[Pinterest Recipe Review or PRR for short]] The one that I've seen floating around the pin boards a lot lately that really caught my attention is Nutella Cookies. Who doesn't like Nutella? And who doesn't like cookies? This marriage should be a blissful one should it not? Well, that's what I was out to find out.

The recipe is as follows:
Ingredients:
1 c flour
1 egg
1 c nutella

1. Mix ingredients together.
2. Form into 1" balls and place on cookie sheet.
3. Bake @ 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes [[or until dough sets]].


Simple enough right?

Well...maybe not...
So as you may or may not know...Nutella is super sticky...it was a beast to get out of the container, into the measuring cup and then into the mixing bowl. It made a huge mess in my kitchen [[which was obnoxious]]. My fingers were sticky...my counter was sticky...obnoxious. The actual mixing and baking was super simple so even the most beginner chef in the world could make these things and not mess them up.

They came out of the oven looking outstanding [[because, again, who doesn't love Nutella?]] but when we tried them, they were just okay. The normally subtle hint of hazelnut was all of a sudden the overpowering flavor [[kind of a turn off for us]].

So here is the run down:

Pros-
1. Super easy to make.
2. That's the only pro...

Cons-
1. Nutella is pretty expensive. Why would I use a whole cup of it on mediocre cookies?
2. The Nutella made an unnecessary mess in my kitchen.
3. The cookies were not that good. Strange texture. Odd flavor.

So my advice? If you are a huge fan of Nutella, just eat the stuff straight out of the jar like a normal person. And if you are bent on having Nutella flavored cookies, just make chocolate cookies and add some chopped hazelnuts to them. That would taste better and be a whole lot cheaper.









p.s. Have a Pinterest recipe that you've been dying to try but just haven't had the time yet? Send it my way and I'll try it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment