Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Boogers and Vomit.

Today was a rough day.  So to treat myself, I thought I would have an at home spa day.  What better way to treat yourself than through a cleansing facial?  I thought I would try cleaning out my pores with a popular recipe from online for "Homemade Pore Strips." 

The ingredients are:

1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
1 tsp. milk

Now, you're supposed to warm these ingredients on the stove before you smear them on your face...and there lies the first problem...WHO ON EARTH WANTS THEIR FACE SMELLING LIKE BABY PUKE?  It was truly nauseating...and it's not like the smell went away as the mixture dried on my face.  If anything, it got worse.

Finally, it dried enough for me to begin the removal process.  According to the websites where I got the recipe, it should peel right off, just like the store bought pore strips but with less pain.  And here is problem number two.  I start to peel and it only comes off in tiny little bits and it hurts like the dickens!  I can already see that this is going to be a long and painful process so instead of going through with it, I just grab a wet rag and begin to wipe it off.  I had to laugh because at this point, I look like I'm covered with boogers and I smell like baby vomit. =]

So, the moral of the story?  Next time I want to "cleanse my pores," just spend the $9 and buy the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment