1 1/2 c whole wheat bread flour
1/4 c sugar
1 tbsp dry active yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1 c sweet potatoes [[cooked and mashed]]
1 c milk
1/4 c butter
1 large egg [[beaten]]
2-2 1/2 c bread flour
2 tbsp butter [[melted]]
1. Combine in a large bowl.
2. Combine potatoes, milk and butter in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring, until butter is melted and mixture is warm.
3. Add to flour mixture.
4. Beat with mixer set on low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture is moistened, 1-2 minutes.
5. Add egg and beat at medium speed for 3 minutes
6. Stir in enough flour by hand to make dough easy to handle.
7. Turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic [[around 7-9 minutes00
8. Place in greased bowl, [[turn to grease both sides]]. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in bulk.
9. Punch down dough and divide it in half.
10. Roll each half of dough on lightly floured surface into a 12" circle.
11. Brush each circle with 1 tbsp butter.
12. Cut into 12 wedges and tightly roll up each wedge from wide end to point.
13. Place crescent rolls, point side down, on greased baking sheet.
14. Cover and let rise until doubled. Bake in preheated oven at 375 F until golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
So there it is. Try this recipe out and let me know what you think! Also, if you have any favorite recipes, send them my way. I love trying new things in the kitchen!