Friday, August 16, 2013

Twitterature: A Link Up With Modern Mrs. Darcy



Hey y'all!

As you may have noticed, I haven't been around much. Life has been busy and I've just chosen to spend my time doing things other than blogging.

However, I want to get back into the swing of things, and what better way to do that than with a fun link up?  I'll break this up into two categories: Currently Reading & Just Finished. Maybe next month, I'll have more to say on the books that I'm currently reading this month.

Currently Reading


What the Dog Saw: and other adventures: I've been trying to read books by economists so I can have interesting discussions with my economics loving husband. This is an easy starting book if, like me, you're trying to find a book to facilitate discussion. Also, good if you like eccentric people. #smartreads

7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess: Been looking for this one for a while. Finally broke down and bought it and haven't regretted it. Inspiring, funny, convicting. Definitely a must-read!

The Silmarillion: Read if you like getting a headache. But seriously, it's a good book, just incredibly detailed and difficult to get through at times. #passtheaspirin 

Just Finished


Divergent: It's like the Hunger Games, minus the love triangle, plus more descriptive make-out scenes. It's an interesting plot, but (as a conservative reader) don't know if I'll go for book two in the series. #toomuchkissing





Cinder & Scarlet: After reading these first two of the series, I can't decide if I like them enough to wait for the sequels. I find the characters flat and I don't really connect with the books. However, it's an interesting concept. I guess we'll see....

Instant Mom: As a prospective adoptive mother, I came to this book hoping to glean some knowledge about what my future could be like. This ended up being a name-dropping book with really good information sprinkled in. The book would have been better (and much shorter) had she left out the "then I had tea with the queen" stuff. Maybe read if you're planning on adopting out of the Foster Care system.


No comments:

Post a Comment