Monday, September 26, 2011

The First of Many...

        Welcome to my new blog! I'm really excited to be able to share the interesting things I find with you! So what is the first thing I am going to tell you about? [[drum roll please...]]


*GLASS CLEANER*


I know...exciting stuff right? Well actually...this cleaner really is exciting! I tried it for the very first time today and it completely BLEW MY MIND! So you may be thinking 'Well...I just use (insert glass cleaner brand) and it works just fine for me...why would I go and change it?' Here's why:
1) This recipe is uber cheap! [[That should be reason enough right there...]]
2) It actually does the job BETTER than my usual glass cleaner brand.

My husband has made a habit out of splattering toothpaste all over his mirror...how that even happens, I have no idea...but it does. Today when giving a test run to this new magic formula, his mirror was particularly toothpaste-y...'Great," I thought, "this is going to take me forever to clean...' [[I'm sure you all know some of the challenges of cleaning dried toothpaste globs from a mirror, so I'm sure you can relate.]] Anyway, to my wonderful surprise, it took all of 20 seconds to clean! No scraping, no scrubbing! Like I said...amazing.

So you may be wondering what is in this miracle cleaner. Well, surprisingly [[or maybe not...]], all of the ingredients are things that most people already have in their homes.

1)   1/4 c White Vinegar
2)   1/4 c Rubbing Alcohol
3)   1 TBSP cornstarch
4)   2 c WARM water

I just poured it all into an old spray bottle [[if you don't have one laying around, you can always purchase the bottles at the dollar store or something...]]. After pouring it in, just give it a good shake to make sure the cornstarch dissolves so it won't clog up the nozzle. [[You'll probably have to give it a shake before each subsequent use because the cornstarch may have settled.]] I just sprayed it on and wiped it off with an old rag. Simple as that! The only thing left to do is to give it a spectaclarly awesome name...[[which I still have yet to do...]]

So that's it. Like I said, you should be able to find these things in your home but if not...they don't cost a fortune to purchase, so just pick them up on your next trip to the grocery store!

If you give this recipe a try, I'd love to hear how it worked for you! So just leave a comment here or shoot me an e-mail or something.

Also, if you have any favorite recipes for homemade cleaners feel free to send them my way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment